Be Creative with the food you eat It doesn’t have to be boring.
My favourite restaurant in Cork City is Soho Bar and Restaurant. I absolutely adore thier Spanish fries . Since joining slimming world I try to re-invent my own version of food I love. Here Is my take on
Slimming world Friendly Spanish Fries
What you will need:
Fry lite- free
40g Mozzarella – HexA or else 6 syns (depending on your portion 20g or 1/2 HexA)
Olives- 3 or 4 pitted black olives are about 1 syn
Jalapenos- Syn Free
Spring Onions & Peppers- Speed & Free
Seasonings- Garlic salt, cayenne pepper, hot chilli powder, Italian herbs, chilli flakes.
- Preheat your oven 180°c
- Chop your potatoes into homemade chips.
- Line your tray with baking paper and spray with fry lite when the chips are on or use the air fryer!
- Pop them in the oven for 40-50 minutes depending on your cooker and how you like your syn free chips. 40 mins in air fryer
- While they are cooking , measure out your Mozzarella
- Dice your spring onion & peppers, slice your olives. Fry them in the frying pan in Fry lite.
- In a cup mix about a 1/2 a tablespoon of all your seasonings together.
- When your chips are cooked , sprinkle the seasoning mixture to your liking over the chips, top it with your spring onions & peppers, Olives, jalapeños.
- Place your mozzarella over them and place under the grill for a few minutes
I absolutely love them
Would love feedback on these if you try them
2 Chicken Breasts – Free
1 egg – Free
2 be Good bread – HexB
3 Tbsp of Frank’s Buffalo Hot Sauce – 0.5 syn
How to make Tenders:
Grate your breadcrumbs
Beat the 2 eggs in a bowl
Cut your Chicken into strips
Once the are cut dip them in egg, roll them in breadcrumbs
Pop them into the preheated oven on a sprayed tray and some baking foil so they don’t stick for about 35 mins.
Once cooked pour your Frank’s Buffalo Hot Sauce over them!!
Tenders are your HexB & half a syn.
Syn value = 1.5 syn if using your HexA & HexB